License: GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2)
Mailing List: http://dev-list.musescore.org
MuseScore is music notation software used by millions of musicians worldwide to create, play back and print sheet music. MuseScore is easy to use, yet powerful, and creates professional-looking sheet music. MuseScore is licensed under GNU GPLv2.
MuseScore is available for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X, and is available in 45 languages. It features an easy to use WYSIWYG editor with audio score playback for results that look and sound beautiful. It supports unlimited staves with up to four voices each, dynamics, articulations, lyrics, chords, lead sheet notation, import/export of MIDI and MusicXML, export to PDF and WAV, plus online score sharing.
Learn all about MuseScore on http://musescore.org
- Accessibility with Focus on Visually Impaired Musicians The project aims to add support for accessibility in MuseScore, with focus on visually impaired musicians. This will make MuseScore a revolutionary tool in the community of blind musicians, because MuseScore is free, open source and cross-platform. One of the most notable aspects about is the fact that very few of them are designed with accessibility in mind, or scarcely do they provide support for it. If they indeed meet this need, most of them are quite expensive.
- Enhancing and Testing the Import of Guitar Pro Files in Musescore This proposal outlines a project to be completed during Google Summer of Code 2014. The goals of this project are to enhance the support for Guitar Pro file formats to completion, for all available versions, and to create a comprehensive test suite to test the process of importing Guitar Pro files in Musescore. This proposal also contains description of preliminary work that has been completed so far on Musescore in order to reach these goals.
- Implementation of full JACK support for MuseScore My goal is to implement full JACK (JACK Audio Connection Kit) support in MuseScore 2.0. MuseScore already has a Jack Audio support, but doesn't have a support of Jack MIDI In/Out and Jack Transport. Features to be implemented: 1. Jack MIDI Out: outputs midi messages. 2. Jack Transport: start, stop and seek. 3. Jack MIDI In: handles incoming midi messages. 4. Jack Audio: outputs an audio. These features will give an ability to connect with lots of synthesizers and DAWs.
- More flexible selection facility The goal of this project is to provide a way to choose which types of objects the selection tool and selection operations affect.
- Swing Playback This project will allow the user to hear the score in straight/swing according to his preferences.