Joomla! (Open Source Matters)business
License: GNU General Public License version 2.0 (GPLv2)
Mailing List: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/joomla-dev-cmsJoomla is a free open source content management system currently responsible for powering over 3.2% of all of the internet's websites! The project is based on a PHP framework called the Joomla! Framework. The Joomla project is responsible for both the Joomla! Framework and the Joomla! CMS.
- Building Joomla CLI App Suite Joomla CLI App Suite (JACS - Joomla Application Control Scripts) is a command line shell and scripting interface for Joomla. There are presently very few scripts available for the JACS however there are a number of scripts that are developed by different people over time. These scripts need to be collected and restructured to bring under JACS. In order to build a complete CLI App Suite, building new scripts is also important as there are endless possibilities of the things that can be done.
- Framework Unit Testing This project aims to improve and enrich joomla framework package's unit test suite. In this project we add new tests, improve existing one and remove redundant & unnecessary tests.
- JIssues Tracker The goal of this project is to finish the JIssues tracker so it is in a position to replace the current Joomla tracker. The JIssues tracker will be at a place where a transition can take place from Joomla Code to the issues tracker. The project manily concerning three parts as of Moving the post forms into AJAX, Category for issues and Allowing users to edit the labels.
- Joomla! Semantics (Microdata, RDFa) The goal is to implement microdata semantics in the CMS (using the JMicrodata library). Also find a solution and create a RDFa library, so that you can choose the semantics to display (Microdata or RDFa). If possible create a plugin for the Content Editor that allows adding microdata semantics in the body text of an article.
- Project: Improve Date classes Managing date and time is not simple and many of us, developers, don't like to do it. Unfortunatelly we need this in almost any application. To be honest, I can't imagine an application that does not use date or time in some point. The goal of this project is to make it more simple and more intuitive. The result would be writing less code by developers.
- SQL Optimization This Project which is named as SQL Optimization is mainly focused on the area of improving the speed of Joomla CMS, when a site is deployed at the real time. Slowness which occurs due to the interaction with the database are addressed in the scope of this project
- Update Core Extensions to use the New MVC This project will be about implementing the new MVC layer that was introduced into the Joomla platform back in 2011 and making the extensions based on the work by Buddhima to com_config and com_templates in GSOC 2013. The aim is to have the com_content, com_contact, com_newsfeeds and com_weblinks components using the new MVC layer and to have the core classes available to extension developers in the libraries/cms folder so people can start building components for Joomla 3.5.
- Webdriver system tests for CMS My proposal includes the current status of Selenium web driver tests of Joomla CMS and my viewpoint of implementation of the project.