Mailing List: http://mail.worldforge.org/lists/listinfo/general
The WorldForge project is about building tools to allow the construction of virtual worlds. The original community came together over a decade ago, out of a desire to create a game that was better and freer than Ultima Online. But as the aims of the project evolved and became more ambitious, the overall goal changed. Instead of one game, we instead decided build a flexible framework that would allow everyone to contribute their own unique ideas and goals to the Worldforge project, allowing a multitude of games to be created. Our core focus is the construction of a complete system with all the tools, technology, content and artwork required to build complex persistent online virtual worlds.
- Convert World Editor to be Qt-based. Convert the legacy World Editor to Qt as an Object Viewer Qt plugin. This tools will receive an improved interface, additional features and cross-platforming.
- Develop Mason Game Systems I will implement several feature in the Worldforge Mason game world which will make the gameplay more engaging and entertaining. This will include implementing simple functionality like trenches to a complex castle fortification by gathering raw materials available in the mason world.
- Ember UI improvements I plan to make Ember more approachable to newcomers by making it's UI more powerful and intuitive. The changes include entity to entity dialogs allowing players to talk directly to other NPCs/players, in-game settings screen and various smaller usability and look improvements.
- Implement guild missions (Ryzom Core) Implement missions for guilds. The missions can be accepted by a specific guild role and completed by any member, by the entire guild or by a specific number of members from the guild. These missions will have more actions related to the guild itself.
- Integrate Ember into the Web Browser Integrate Ember into the web browsers with creating our own native plug-in using FireBreath on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
- OVQT Translation Plugin My name is Emanuel Costea, I am from Romania and 20 years old. My proposal is for the OVQT Translation Plugin from Ryzom community. Is my first time when I participate to GSoC and this is my only proposal.
- Porting Wombat Asset Management System on to Flask (a developer friendly python framework) and integrate a 3D model viewer into the system Wombat currently runs on Pylons 0.9.7 which is outdated. Porting Wombat to Flask is primarily because Flask is more developer friendly and subsequent updates don't really have lots of changes. Wombat was made to assist artists to work with assets in a repository without having to work with the VCS. Also a 3D assets viewer is required because game development repository has 3D models which have to be downloaded and viewed. Rather than that a preview should be given so that the job becomes easier.
- Ryzom Core Web-Based Translation Tool I will work on web-based translation tool for Ryzom Core project.