OSGeo - Open Source Geospatial Foundationbusiness
Mailing List: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/soc
OSGeo is a non-profit organization serving as an umbrella organization for the Open Source Geospatial community in general and 19 (to 24) code projects in particular:
Web Mapping: deegree, GeoServer, Mapbender, MapBuilder, MapFish, MapGuide Open Source, MapServer, OpenLayers
Desktop Applications: GRASS GIS, OSSIM, Quantum GIS, gvSIG
Geospatial Libraries: FDO, GDAL/OGR, GEOS, GeoTools, MetaCRS, PostGIS
The following are sub-projects of MetaCRS:
- CS-Map, GeoTIFF/libgeotiff, PROJ.4, Proj4J, Proj4js, SpatialReference.org
Metadata Catalog: GeoNetwork
Other (non-code) Projects: Public Geospatial Data, Education and Curriculum
- Adding support for Neo4j graph database in Geotools toolkit and uDIG Geographic vector data is naturally structured like a graph, network and topological analyses view GIS data as graphs, but so far no-one has tried to make use of a real graph database as the backing store for a GIS.
- Data structure design for multimodal and hierarhical routing. OpenGraphRouter already implemented graph building and shortest path generating. This project supports shape file for graph building. It generates the shortest path using dijkstra's algorithm which support multiple optimization parameter for minimizing the cost. In this GSoC I am going to add the support for turn restrictions, multi modal routing support,escape road support,hierarchical routing algorithm. BackGround
- GPU accelerated imagery resampling and reprojection GDAL and GRASS form the foundation for many GIS projects. Thus, improvements in imagery reprojecting/resampling will cascade to dependent projects. Quality resampling is a slow operation. GDAL has more advanced resampling algorithms than GRASS. I propose to fix both these problems using OpenCL on a graphics card and calculate hundreds of pixels simultaneously. I will synchronize the OpenCL code between GRASS and GDAL, expanding the algorithms available in GRASS.
- Quantum GIS on steroids This proposal aims to improve speed and responsiveness of Quantum GIS when doing commonly used operations such as map browsing. This should be achieved by adding threading support to the process of rendering and by optimizing related routines. The user interface should feel snappy even when browsing large datasets.
- RESTful API for Mapbender Mapbender is the software and portal site for geodata management of OGC OWS architectures. Currently, Mapbender interacts with the administrator through a web interface. I propose to design and implement a RESTful API for interaction with the administrator. Basic functionalities will include - Authentication with Mapbender and OGC WMS resource CRUD. The project will include design of the representation following the resource oriented pattern and the implementation of the API in PHP.
- Support for SQLite3/SpatiaLite The implementation of the support for SQLite and SpatiaLite would provide gvSIG users with a handy and platform independent data management system without having to be based on any external DBMS application allowing them to manage geographic and topological data in an easier way.
- wxNviz development for enhanced 3/4D visualization and analysis The aim of this project is to design fully-featured 3D/4D visualization tool for GRASS GIS and to replace current old-fashioned TCL/TK Nviz. This project continues in Google Summer Of Code project from 2008 ("2.5/3D visualization tool for wxPython GRASS GUI"). The main goal of the project is implement (1) all missing features from wxNviz's predecessor TCL/TK-based Nviz; (2) new functionality including e.g. fog visualization; and finally (3) text displaying and styling in OGSF library.