Mailing List: http://forum.gephi.org/viewforum.php?f=9
Gephi is a visualization and exploration platform for all kinds of networks and complex systems, dynamic and hierarchical graphs. Open source, it uses a 3D render engine to display large networks in real-time and to speed up the exploration. A flexible and multi-task architecture brings new possibilities to work with complex data sets and produce valuable visual results.
Gephi was officially presented at the 3rd Int'l AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM'09) conference (http://www.icwsm.org).
Introduction in video: http://gephi.org/2010/video-introducing-gephi-0-7/
Tags: network, network science, infovis, visualization, visual analytics, graph, graph viz, graph theory, complex network, science, OpenGL, Java
- Application for GSoC 2010: FDEB implementation on Gephi This is my application of GSoC 2010. My name is Yestin. My Chinese name is Yi Du.In this application, I describe Gephi, FDEB algorithm, Preview module in Gephi and plans if I deal with this problem. Then self introduction and some additional materials are shown. Besides these, I also add some ideas and my plan about “Direct Social Networks Import”. There are serval links and images in this application, If you cann't open those links or can't see images, please feel free to let me know.
- Dynamic attributes and statistics The proposal focuses special attention on further development of dynamic network analysis (DNA) in Gephi. It has got a very practical purpose, in particular nowadays: analyzing evolution of networks  and dynamic network visualization . The aim is to handle dynamic changes not only of graph topology but also attributes connected with nodes and edges. The end-product would be a framework which would make possible to build and query a dynamic graph with use of a proper API.
- Gephi and Neo4j interoperability I want to add additional functionality into Gephi project. The main idea is to add support for querying Neo4j database and ability to transform a part of Neo4j graph into Gephi representation.
- Graph Streaming API The goal of this proposal is to set up a framework for graph streaming. A Graph Streaming API would bring a lot of advantages to Gephi, bringing interoperability with other available tools. A high-quality API proposal should be general and, as the Gephi's data structure and visualization engine does, it should be able to deal with dynamic data, with the idea that a graph is not static and might change continuously.
- Shader-Based Graph Visualization Engine This project aims at the development of a new 3D graph visualization engine for Gephi. The current engine uses legacy OpenGL features to be as portable as possible, whereas the new engine will use the best features to draw as many nodes as possible. It will be based on OpenGL 2.1 (or OpenGL 3.0) using JOGL as Java binding.