Fix the recipe file for Unlzx
completed by: Nolan Clark
mentors: Scott McCreary, humdinger
For this task you will need to update a old .bep file to a working recipe file that will allow the package to build correctly. The .bep file can be found on our old website that is linked at the end of this description. Don't try and sign up or ask questions on our old site as it is not watched anymore.
As you will have someone elses work to start off with, this task should be easier than others. Just make sure to do a pull request so your work doesn't get lost like the old .bep file did.
You may need these skills:
- Some knowledge of C, C++, git and bash
- Knowledge of the GNU autotools and/or cmake
- The package may require some patching to get it to work on Haiku
Before submitting your work, make sure to test your recipe by creating a hpkg package from it with haikuporter. Haiku's Expander app can open hpkg files to inspect their contents.
Take care to include all required licenses and copyright entries.
For this task you need to have
- Haiku installed; get a nightly image and see the Haiku Guides for more information on using Haiku. There's also a Userguide and Welcome page on your Desktop when you boot Haiku.
- Haikuporter installed and the haikuports bitbucket cloned, see the "Getting started" wiki page.
- Studied the haikuporter wiki.
- Submit your work as pull request to haikuports bitbucket (see "DevelopmentModel" in the wiki).
While there is a slight learning curve to writing recipes, other GCI recipe tasks will become easier and easier the more you complete successfully.
In addition to the wiki, studying working recipes in the haikuports tree can be a big help. Besides requesting assistance by leaving a comment in this task, a trip to the main IRC channel #haiku may prove to be quicker (consider possible timezone differences with your mentors).
The target of this task is unlzx.