Stub in a new 'mesh' command for creating/editing NMG and BoT polygonal mesh geometry
completed by: Andromeda Galaxy
mentors: Mihai Neacsu, Ishwerdas
Our LIBGED geometry editing library contains lots of small modular commands that are made available in mged and archer. We'd like to have a command that lets users create and edit polygonal meshes (BoT and NMG).
This task involves stubbing in a new 'mesh' command. It doesn't need to do anything initially other than print a usage statement and actually work in both mged and archer when you run the command. Figuring out the latter is the majority of work for this task, but don't worry -- there are lots of examples to follow.
You'll want to download our latest SVN sources or update the VM image following http://brlcad.org/wiki/Compiling and compile BRL-CAD.
Then make your edits, make sure they compile and work, and submit them as a unified patch file (svn diff > my_changes.patch).References:
- src/libged/*.c <-- look here for hundreds of examples
- Check out some other programs that have a command line interface
- src/libged/mesh.c <-- you create this
- src/libged/CMakeLists.txt <-- edit this to add your new file
- src/mged/setup.c <-- where you hook into mged
- src/libtclcad <-- where you hook into archer
- src/tclscripts <-- where you hook up a help string