Create title cards to wrap MediaWiki related videos
completed by: Siddharth Agarwal
mentors: Guillaume Paumier, Quim Gil
Students are required to read Wikimedia's general instructions first.
The MediaWiki and Wikimedia technical communities produce videos from meetings, talks, tutorials, and other events. Many of these videos consist of Hangout On Air broadcasts that are also uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. These are usually raw videos missing title cards. We don't have any templates to be used, but you could solve this problem:
- Install GIMP if you don't have it already.
- Create a title card template to be displayed at the beginning of the video, containing at least these elements: MediaWiki logo, title, subtitle, location, date, authors, URL, and license.
- Create another title card template for the end of the video containing at least these elements: MediaWiki logo, Thank You message, Learn More message, credits, and license.
- Create a simple template for title cards to be inserted in the video as separators of content.
- Create alternative versions of these templates using the Wikimedia logo instead of MediaWiki's.
- Test your templates with the Wikimedia using this video from the Wikimedia Engineering Community team (info about this meeting).
- Export the templates to high quality PNG files and upload them to Commons.
- Upload your test video to commons (how to export YouTube videos to Commons).