This project involves making a number of drizzle plug-ins dynamic, so that they don’t require restarting Drizzle to change their settings (options and variables).
The targeted high level goals for this project will be
1. Dynamic Plug-ins – Currently, in the Drizzle codebase, only 2 plugins are dynamic, query_log and auth_schema. Other plugins require restarting drizzle in order to change their configuration. This feature will target at making some more plugins dynamic, so that their behavior can be changed dynamically by changing their variables.
It will consist of
- default config or default values. There will be some default settings for each of the plug-in. Drizzle will start with those default values only.
- ability given to user to dynamically change the plug-in configuration. So, even if the default configuration is ridiculous and don’t suit some users, they can be reconfigured, without having to take the pain of restarting Drizzle.
2. Look and Feel – The plugins were developed by different people at different times, so their looks and feel is not uniform. This goal will target at making their look and feel a consistent, so that new users don’t have to learn each plug-in separately.
3. Namespaces – Namespaces in current plug-ins are not consistent. While making the plug-ins dynamic, the focus would also be on making the plug-in namespaces consistent.