ESUG (European Smalltalk User Group)
List of projects accepted into ESUG (European Smalltalk User Group)
The European Smalltalk User Group (ESUG) is a non-profit user organization that supports all kinds of Smalltalk related initiatives, with the main focus on free/open-source projects which benefit the whole Smalltalk community and beyond.
ESUG was registered in 1991 with goals to do the following and more:
- Promote communication between Smalltalk users through meetings, periodic newsletter, software exchange, electronic mail, etc., and by organizing events like the ESUG Conference,
- Promote books, articles, publications, student internships, etc.
- Promote open-source Smalltalk projects through ESUG SummerTalk which funds students during the summer,
- Although the name of ESUG says it is European, the truth is that the scope is worldwide. It links all individual and corporate users of Smalltalk programming environments in the world,
- Support local users groups and establish new ones,
- Support Smalltalk projects and initiatives such as the free web hosting, source code servers, etc.
- Identify Smalltalk users and their needs and represent them towards discussions with vendors.
- Represent the Smalltalk community in discussions with the major Smalltalk vendors.