The task is to create a screencast for Google Code-in students that shows in step-by-step instructions how to (1) install the Android SDK, (2) set up and launch the latest Android emulator, (3) download and install an OI apk file on the emulator, and (4) create a screencast from the emulator. The screencast need not be in real-time, especially one can fast-forward installation waiting time, etc.
Your solution should be a link to your YouTube video containing the screencast. The video format should be high-resolution (1280x720, YouTube HD Video). Add YouTube annotations in English. All third party content used (images, background music, sound effects, ...) must be available by an open license without fees (freeware or creative commons license). The origin of contents must be mentioned in the description of the video and/or in the credits. The description of the video should list the most important steps, including links.
IMPORTANT: Before you start, get early in touch with OpenIntents developers to discuss your concept (which features you would like to discuss in your screencast, which examples you would like to use). If you do not present your concept at an early stage, OpenIntents reserves the right not to accept your final video entry.
- Difficulty: hard
- Time limit: 14 days
- Prerequisites: Download the Android SDK (instructions)
- Requirements for completed entry:
- IMPORTANT: Discuss your concept idea early with OpenIntents. OpenIntents reserves the right to refuse an entry if the concept has not been discussed previously.
- Send a link to a YouTube video.
- The video resolution must be high quality (1280x720, YouTube HD Video).
- All screencasts must be based on the latest Android SDK emulator.
- All additional media content used (images, music, sound effects) must be freely available (freeware or creative commons license).
- All additional content used must be mentioned in the video description and/or in the credits.
- The most important steps and links must be included in the description of the video.
I would like to work on this task.
This task has been assigned to Killer Rabbit. You have 336 hours to complete this task, good luck!
This is my work so far:
I'm a bit behind schedule, and I'll work a lot this weekend.
Looks very good so far!
The deadline of the task has been extended with 7 days and 0 hours.
Melange has detected that the initial deadline has passed and it has set the task status to ActionNeeded. The student has 24 hours to submit the work before the task is reopened and sent back to the pool for other students to claim.
A link to Part 2 is in the video description
The work on this task is ready to be reviewed.
Melange has detected that the deadline has passed and no more work can be submitted. The submitted work should be reviewed.
Good. The screencasts have been uploaded here:
In the final screencast there seems to be some hissing on the audio track. Is there anything you can easily do about it? If yes, just let me know if you have an updated youtube link or if you replace the video there.
Congratulations, this task has been completed successfully.
Unfortunately, the hissing is due to my mic. My good mic broke, so I had to use this one.